Friday is one of my favorite days, not because it’s the end of the work week, because my work week doesn’t end 🙂 But because it’s sushi night in our humble abode. It really just makes me happy.
If you like sushi, and you live in Northern NJ, then you really should make a trip to “Osaka” sometime. They have 3 locations, Wayne, Clifton and Lyndhurst. Decor is average. Nothing to write home about, but the sushi is fresh and fabulous, and they have some fun creations. Even Maalik (our 4-year-old son) has his usuals – salad with the best carrot ginger dressing ANYWHERE, and miso soup 🙂
Some of our favorites to order are:
- Crab Salad – spicy with avacado. You won’t be disappointed 🙂
- Fire Dragon Roll – Shrimp Tempura roll with Salmon on the outside (I ask for Tuna instead), topped with this awesome spicy sauce and scallions
- Red Dragon R0ll – Shrimp Tempura roll with Tuna on the outside, topped with eel sauce and something resembling the carrot/ginger sauce. It sounds simple but it’s just so yummy!
- JB Roll – Shrimp tempura and crab hand-roll with avocado and cucumber, and spicy sauce, in a soy wrap
- Spicy Salmon Roll – Cooked salmon hand-roll (for those who are squeamish about raw salmon) in a seaweed or soy wrap. It also comes raw of course, which is good as well, but this is a nice option for those who tend to shy away from raw fish 🙂
- Firefighter roll – spicy tuna inside the roll, spicy tuna outside the roll – pure goodness 🙂
They have all the other standard rolls, as well as a few other specialty rolls, but these are our favorites 🙂 Bon appetit or as the Japanese would say “Itadakimas!” 🙂