So those of you who know me know I run a Muslim Mom Network Googlegroup (for any women interested, you can find information at www.muslimmomnetwork.com). So, because we’re now at about 350+ members and have other extension groups (the MMN book club and the MMN recipe exchange, along with an MMN blog and business directory that’s recently been started) just felt time to make it all a bit more “official” :). So, first step is getting a logo I suppose :). I had a lot of very generous offers to help, so I thought I’d put a fun twist on it and make a contest out of it. So, if anyone is interested, details are below iA. Spread the word!
Muslim Mom Network Logo Contest!!
WIN $200! Recognition and contact information posted on the future MMN website! And of course, best of all, I will be singing your praise to everyone I know. 🙂
- MMN or Muslim Mom Network should be written out in the logo.
- No images of babies, pregnant bellies or kiddie type fonts. 🙂
- The logo should be modern, sleek and elegant (something with a little Islamic Art or Islamic geometric patterns somewhere in it would be nice, but not necessary. I am open to other ideas)
- No restrictions on color
- I would prefer a graphic designer, but the contest is open to all. However, the entrant must be able to convert the logo into various formats as needed.
- Please submit original work, or at the very least, work where I do not have to worry about copyright infringements. I know people get inspired by other work or may use offshoots of previously used work they have done, but I get nothing out of this and am doing this as a community service/resource iA and don’t want to have any legal issues on my hands iA.
- Contest is open to all, including non-Muslim Mom Network members. Tell your friends, spouses, siblings, etc. The more the merrier. 🙂
- All entries must be submitted by December 31th, 2011, 11:59 PM. If for some reason, enough entrants ask for an extension, the submission date will be pushed an additional 2 weeks.
- Maximum of 2 entries per person.
- Entries are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can ask me questions prior to submissions. Simply email me at email@example.com
- A winning entry will be decided by January 7th, 2012. If the deadline gets extended, then the winner will be announced within a week after the new deadline.
- I, (Hala Amer, in case anyone was wondering ), will pick the winning entry. If for some reason I am unable to decide, I will post the top 3 entries (with the owners’ permission) and will have the MMN members vote on their favorite.
- Payment will be sent to the winner in check form (or cash if they want to pick it up) within 1 week of winning. I’m good for it. 🙂 I promise.
- Copyright ownership will be transferred to me after payment has been received by the winner.
- For entries not picked, I will not post your entries anywhere (unless you would like me to for advertising purposes), so that they will not be replicated or copied by others, and you retain all rights to those logo designs (minus the MMN or Muslim Mom Network wording).
- By submitting an entry you certify the following statement “I certify that I am the author of the material I am submitting to the MMN Logo Contest. Once a winner is picked and payment has been made, MMN can reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works and otherwise use the material for any purpose in any form and on any media. I agree to indemnify the Muslim Mom Network for all damages and expenses that may be incurred in connection with the material.”
- In the event I do not like any of the entries (yes, sometimes I am that anal ) I will pick a winner (the design, closest to what I am looking for) and will work with the designer until it is what I have in mind iA, and I understand additional payment for services rendered may be necessary.